Wednesday, March 12, 2014

37 Weeks... Last Weekly Post? Who knows!

How Far Along: 37 Weeks!

Size of Baby:  I laugh at the thought of the size of what our baby should be, knowing our baby is much bigger :) According to Babycenter, baby J is 19" long and 6.5 pounds, the size of a leek, but the truth of the matter is that our baby is about 8 pounds and I'm not sure how long. 


Sleep: I'm getting up about 3 times a night to go to the bathroom. Although it is annoying to move my pillows off the footrest of the recliner and then have to put them on again, I am thankful for a recliner which allows me to sleep!


Best Moment of the Week: We had some maternity photos taken by a parent of one of my students, so that was fun. We weren't going to have any photos done; however, I do want to document this experience, so we took a few of them with her and I am excited to see them. Honestly it didn't feel real that WE were actually taking maternity pictures for US! We haven't done the weekly bump photos, or anything like that, so it will be nice to have these photos. 


Oh, and another really neat thing is that my parents came down last weekend and helped us make freezer meals for after the baby is here. Not only did they help us make meals, but they also brought us meals they had made for us, so after a long day of cooking, we now have 38 meals in our freezer. We couldn't be more grateful for their time and love put into this to make our lives easier- my mom and Tom seriously rock!!  Seriously, take a look at all of this food!
Pure delicousness :)

Miss Anything: Nope :) Well, I suppose I miss not waddling, but oh well!
 

Movement: You know it! This little one keeps me active and I love watching my stomach roll from side to side. Thankfully, with all of this movement, baby J has flipped and is head down, so the likelihood of me having a c-section has been reduced! Thank you, GOD, for this gift!
 

Food Cravings/Aversions:  Nothing really
 
Unusual Symptoms:I did have a little scare at my appointment last night, so I am waiting to hear back from my doctor. For the first time in this pregnancy, my blood pressure was high, I had protein in my urine, and I had gained a substantial amount of weight since Friday. I've only gained 9 pounds this entire pregnancy, but since Friday, I've gained 4 pounds, which is a lot.  The nurses ran a preeclampsia panel and they said things look okay, so that is good. I am going to call my doctor to talk to him tonight thought because I want to pick his brain. We have come so far, so I am a little worried, but I know God is in control and watching over our little one.
 
Anything Making you Queasy or Sick: I've thrown up a few times this week, but nothing in particular set it off, so who knows.
 

Gender: I think it is a boy, but only God knows!
 

Labor Signs: I've had the fun Braxton Hicks contractions, extreme lower pelvic pain, and regular contractions, but nothing that is close to labor... at least not that I know of!

Looking Forward To: Hearing back from my doctor, seeing our maternity photos, and meeting our baby hopefully SOON!
   
Countdown: Technically 20 days, but I have a feeling it is right around the corner


Have a great week, friends!

Until next time, God bless!

3 comments:

  1. EEEK!! It's so close now!! Can't wait to hear when baby comes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Can't wait to hear about baby's arrival! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even closer now since I'm reading this late, trying to catch up! Hope things are going okay and the preeclampsia concerns have been put to rest.

    ReplyDelete