Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Update and Password Protection

Honestly, I had EVERY intention to update on Landon and how things have been going, but somehow, the time just flies by and I don't have time write. Every time I would sit down to write, something else needed my attention... ahh the life :) However, now that I am back to work (for two weeks until summer vacation), I figured I better sit down and write about Landon so I have it for his baby book!

Landon has been an absolute blessing in our lives! I never truly knew I could love someone SO much, but I do! Every little thing he does I catch myself saying, "Oh, that is my favorite thing," yet I say it for everything :) I am still in absolute awe that our little miracle, the miracle God had planned for us, is sleeping in his crib, laying in our arms, smiling at us, crying his heart out because he is hungry, swinging in his swing, cooing at the lights, etc- I just don't know if it has truly hit us... wow!

I won't lie... the first two weeks were very tough on me because of my incision. Since I ended up have a c-section, I wasn't able to get out of a chair by myself and I couldn't lift anything more than Landon.  I had AMAZING help for those two weeks, thanks to my husband, mom, and dad, but it was still so tough to rely on other people to get up out of the chair. Regardless, I am EXTREMELY thankful for their help and I know the first two weeks wouldn't have gone as well if it weren't for them! 

The end of the first month was also tough because my grandpa (the creator of the bumblebee nickname), passed away. Thankfully he was able to meet Landon, hold him, and talk to him, but it was really tough to lose him. I know he is in a beautiful place and I am thankful God gave us the opportunity for Landon to meet his great grandpa Gene, but it brings tears to my eyes to know Landon won't have memories with him in the future. One thing that I am still amazed at is the timing of how things worked out. Although I never want to go through another miscarriage again, those miscarriages brought us our Landon, our miracle. They brought us Landon during some of the darkest times with my family as we watched my grandpa die.  My grandpa was told he only had a few months left to live (in October), yet he held on until Landon was born on March 19th- he was determined to meet his great-grandson.  Landon came two weeks early, which allowed my grandpa to meet him when he was doing well and not too sick (Landon met him when he was 10 days old due to my c-section and not being able to travel)... 1.5 weeks after he met Landon, he went downhill and could no longer really talk, sit up, hold things, etc... God really does have a plan. 





I probably take about 5 pictures a day (the first few weeks I took about 10-15/day), so I have WAY too many to share! If you are interested in seeing pictures of our little bugaboo more frequently, just follow me on Instagram- katiejeanne26 and I'll try to be better at posting pictures. If you are friends with my in real-life, I'm sure you've seen the hundreds of pictures on Facebook- oops. If you've been following our journey for a long time and would like to add me on Facebook, search for Katie Jakubek, but make sure to message me about why you are adding me.

Also, I am going to make my blog private from here on out. Although I don't want to do this, for the safety of our little guy, I need to.  There are too many creeps out in this world, so if you want me to add you to the list, PLEASE comment with your e-mail address and I will add you to the list.  I am new at this, so it may take me a while, but that is the plan!

I am going to work on his one month and two month posts now, so check them out later! Have a GREAT day, friends, and thank you for your continued support!

God bless!

1 comment:

  1. would love to keep following!!

    infertile625@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete