Wednesday, September 18, 2013

11.5 Weeks...

With all of the thoughts and emotions going through my head, you would think I would know what to write, yet I feel stuck as to what to say. I always get bummed when other bloggers haven't written because I love reading their writing, so I figured I better update and let the blogging world know that things are going well! In addition, I do want to remember this time in my life and what has been going on, so I better write something... :)

After my 9 week ultrasound, I was on an absolute high! No matter what happened in life, nothing had the ability to knock me down because I was (still am) growing a baby. At times, it really doesn't feel real, but then I'll get sick, burp up something, or get up to go to the bathroom for the thousandth time and then I remember that I am pregnant. Despite the symptoms, I cannot complain because I would throw up multiple times a day if it meant that my baby was safe from harm.  One thing I never realized with pregnancy is how much you truly get up to go to the bathroom at night. Seriously, on average, I get up 3-4 times to go to the bathroom.  Please don't think I am complaining, because I am not at all, but yikes, I never sleep.  I did have my doctor check me for a bladder infection, but everything came back clear, so this is just part of the journey.  However, one night I didn't get up to go to the bathroom at all and I was totally freaked out. Our minds really make us crazy sometimes.  My poor husband said, "You were worried when you went to the bathroom too much and now you are worried that you didn't go at all... I can't keep up with you!" I think he is right- I can't keep up with myself. Nevertheless, the next night I was up a few times, so all is good!

When I first found out I was pregnant, I referred to the baby as Baby Jakubek, Baby J, or Jelly Bean (joke with my husband), but as we progress, I like to refer to it as "baby" and only baby. I don't know what it is, but it makes it feel more real, like there is a real baby inside me. I know that sounds absolutely goofy, even to me, but I don't know how else to explain it.

A week or so ago my husband sent me the most beautiful video that put me in tears within the first 15 seconds. It is about a couple who has waited for a baby and now the baby is finally here safe and sound.  Although our baby isn't in our arms, yet, it gave me hope to keep fighting for it and the future. I figured I would add the music video because the words are beautiful, but if you are struggling or have a hard time with pregnancy topics, please don't put yourself through it- I completely understand! Thank you for the e-mails and comments on my blog- they mean so much to me! I'll be 12 weeks on Friday and have my next big ultrasound on Monday, so please pray that things are going well and our baby is healthy! 

Until next time... God bless!                   

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm also exactly 11.5 weeks after several miscarriages. It's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! SO you probably know exactly how I'm feeling at this point? It is so exciting, but scary, too! Congratulations to YOU and thank you for reading! Do you have a blog I can follow? God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Praying for great news on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aubrey! We need all the prayers we can get :) We are praying for YOU, too!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you are having the crazy pregnancy symptoms that are not pleasant but still remind you that you have your little one there safe and sound :)) So happy for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, too! I get so worried when I don't have any symptoms, so I sure hope they stick around (although I'm sure I'll eat those words someday). THANK YOU so much for the prayers and for thinking of us! We are ecstatic! XOXO!

      Delete