Wednesday, November 13, 2013

20 Weeks and Ultrasound

Hey there, friends! I thought I would update after our BIG ultrasound because I don't want to forget the memorable day. When the US tech took measurements, it was determined that I am measuring ahead, so my new due date is April 1st, which put me at 20 weeks yesterday!  Baby J is approximately 12 oz, 11 inches, and has a heart rate of 150, so I am pretty confident Baby J is a boy. Baby J was moving like crazy; he/she would go from sucking its thumb, to rolling, kicking, doing somersaults, and waving! Whenever the US tech would try to get a picture, he/she would move around. The brain looked good, but the US tech wasn't able to measure the chambers of the heart because the little stinker wouldn't cooperate. I guess this happens a lot, so we will go back on December 2nd, which is my husband's birthday, to look at it again.  I was really worried that something was wrong and she just wasn't telling me, but she said that wasn't the case. Has this happened to anyone before? I am trying to soak it all in and enjoy these next 19 days until my next ultrasound.  The US tech gave us a ton of pictures, so I took a picture of a few and made a collage. I was bummed we couldn't take video footage, since that has been my favorite thing to do, but oh well.


The entire time the US tech was doing her thing, I guess I kept saying, "is this real life?" I still find it really hard to believe God has given us this gift and I have had 20 precious weeks with our baby. I still feel like something bad is going to happen, due to our past, but I am trying to embrace each day because I know God already has the plan mapped out for us and I just need to trust Him.  Honestly, I never thought I would get to this point in any pregnancy, so the fact that we are here just blows my mind. I know my fertile friends have a hard time understanding this, but it is true.  One of my good friends is also pregnant, after trying for 3 years and eventually doing IVF, which worked, thankfully, and both of us always say how fortunate we feel to be in this place. However, it doesn't take the heartache I feel for so many of my friends who are experiencing loss in their own way. I just wish we could see in the crystal ball so I could see the plan God has for them and I wish I could take away some of the hurt. I know there is a reason we can't see the future, but please know that I am always here for you! 

I thing what has been really interesting for me is the reaction from my students and all of their inquisitions. I find it really sweet to see how they are so curious about my pregnancy and they always want to know how big the baby is and what is happening with him/her. I guess I figured they would be excited, but I had no idea how excited they would be.  When they heard my due date got pushed up and the baby was now a banana, they started going crazy!

Well, I need to get focused on correcting papers, but thank you for your continued prayers and for always listening. I am blessed to call you, friends!

Until next time... God bless!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great appointment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aubrey! Now I just want to see the heart chambers :)

      Delete
  2. Even after 4 major u/s, they have not been able to get a good look at our Baby A's arch on her heart. She has never been in the right position for them to get a look at it! Apparently this just happens sometimes. I'm so glad you had a great appointment. I know exactly what you mean about expecting the worst at times. It's hard to imagine that everything will go smoothly and we'll actually get our take home babies at the end of all this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? This makes me feel so much better because I was getting really nervous! It is really hard to imagine things going well, but I am trying really hard to stay focused on the positive aspects of the pregnancy and take it day by day :) I can't wait to see your babies!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! How cool! So thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete