Monday, December 1, 2014

Landon's 1st Thanksgiving

I truly can't believe we got to celebrate our first Thanksgiving as a family! Although I had always dreamed about celebrating holidays with my child, I didn't know if it would happen for us.  Picking out his Thanksgiving outfit, getting him ready, and sharing with family was the perfect Thanksgiving to me.  He was teething pretty badly, and he was super constipated, so he was uncomfortable, but still happy as ever! His top tooth broke through at the end of Thanksgiving night, so that was pretty special!

This past year has been a challenging year for our family- my grandpa's sickness and death, my grandma being diagnosed with spleen cancer a month later, Landon's scare in September and October, grandma's chemo/surgery, my other grandparents moving to the nursing home- but despite everything, I feel as if those challenges brought us closer together. They showed us once again how fragile life is and how important it is to enjoy each moment you have with loved ones.  To be given the gift of Landon's mom is more than I could ever want.  He brings me such joy and fills my heart up with pure happiness and delight.  Through his eyes, I have become more forgiving, more patient, and more loving.  Through his eyes, I have learned the value of time and the importance of family. I thought I knew these things before, but they were strengthened when he entered my life.

Since pictures tell the story, I figured I would post some of them.  I post the same pictures on Facebook, but since I someday hope to make the blog into a scrapbook, I need them here, too :) 

Our little turkey :)
"Oh, I should smile?" "Okay!"
"Ah, mom and dad! No more kisses!"
Landon and his grandma B
Landon and his papa T! This may be my favorite picture of him!
Landon and great aunty Michelle!
Landon with his aunty Laura and uncle Kyle. Kyle had to do Movember for the police department.
Landon and his great aunty Tami! He was teething, so a celery stick came to the rescue! New trick I learned.
He was stuffed! Ha ha
Yummy mashed potatoes!
He was all tuckered out after a busy Thanksgiving!
I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving and were able to enjoy time with your family and friends!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you !!! Landon is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so glad you were able to have such a nice thanksgiving together. You really do have an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete