Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A poem...

I like to think that through all of our struggles, we will be better parents because of it. It's not always that easy to believe at times, but I have to tell myself that we will appreciate every late night feeding, every screaming moment during church, and every teenage rebellious year. We will learn to enjoy every second with our child because we realize how difficult it was to bring our child into this world. As I was reading a blog, I came across this poem and I think it says exactly how I feel.  It does sound conceited (which I'm not a fan of), but dang't, I have the right to be... because this is not fair... 


I Will Be A Wonderful Mother
Author Unknown
There are women who become mothers without effort, without thought, without patience or loss, and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.
I will be better not because of genetics or money or because I have read more books, but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.
I have longed and waited.
I have cried and prayed.
I have endured and planned over and over again.
Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.
I will notice everything about my child.
I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover.
I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.
I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot, or cry tears of a broken dream.
My dream will be crying for me.
I count myself lucky in this sense; God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child.
Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.
I will be a better mother for all I have endured.
Yes, I will be a wonderful mother.

Now, let the waterworks begin and let my heart be vulnerable for just a little bit...

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment