Friday, April 12, 2013

CD 14 and Follicle Check

I met with Dr. T on Wednesday and he did a follicle u/s to see how many follicles I have on my ovaries.  He explained everything in detail so we understood what he was saying, which was totally new to us.  He saw one follicle on my left side and he said, "Oh look, a mature, nice sized follicle- yippee!" I asked him what the measurement was and he said 19*23, I believe.  Then he looked at my other side and he said, "Oh look, a bonus follicle and that is a nice size, too! I'm not sure of the exact measurements, but I think he said 21*25! He also checked my endometrium lining and he was impressed with the thickness (3 lines) and he said I would be ovulating soon. I was pretty excited about my follicles, so I had to tell my mom, dad, grandma, and Ash, since I knew they would want to know.  I have been doing the OPK (ovulation predictor kits), but so far they have come up with a negative. However, I have been super crampy today, so I am hoping that is a good sign!

I am still blown away by the process of how the body works.  I am definitely learning more and more, which is nice, but it is also overwhelming.  We are going out with friends tonight, so I am looking forward to the boys drinking and the girls talking and laughing at the comedy show.  

Well, until next time... God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment