Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

Well, Easter has come and gone and so have the little girls in their Easter dresses and bonnets and the little boys in their Easter sweater vests and ties.  As I sat in church on Easter, my heart just yearned for our little babies. Why can't we have them? Why can't they be celebrating with us?  I imagined Cory and I celebrating our first Easter with them because baby J #1 was due on 4/29/13, so this would have been his/her first Easter. What would we I have dressed him/her in? I am sure I would have went over the top, but it would have been wonderful! I can just picture it now.  My heart hurt as I watched family after family celebrate our Savior's day with their little ones and I sat empty handed.  Of course I went about the day like nothing was wrong, because that is what I do, but deep inside my heart hurt. I really hope we are able to celebrate with our own little one next year, or at least be pregnant with him/her because although I want to dress him/her up, it all comes down to the fact that I yearn to be a mom and hold our sweet little one in my arms.  

In addition to these feelings, as I sat in church on Easter, a sense of peace came over me.  I can't quite describe the peace I felt, but something told me it was going to be okay, we would be parents, and there were bigger things to worry about.  I don't know what it was, but I definitely felt the Holy Spirit around us, holding us, keeping us in His arms, and protecting our hearts, which was such a glorious feeling!

Well, until next time... God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment